How to Sell Your Car to a Dealership
In Los Angeles, a popular decision amongst vehicle buyers to sell their cars at a Ocean Honda of North Hollywood to reduce the cost of the new vehicle they’re to buy. This is generally referred to as a “trade-in”. A trade-in is when the dealership will reduce the new vehicle price according to the agreed selling price of the vehicle you’d like to sell. Not ready to purchase the vehicle yet? Don’t worry. You also have the option of selling the car to the dealership and saving the money to purchase a new one when you’re ready. No matter your purchase timeline, we can give you the information necessary so when the time comes, you’re ready.
Preparing to Sell Your Car
If you’re considering selling your car to a dealership, you want to make your car look as good and updated as possible to get a high value. Selling your car to a dealership in Hollywood is a straightforward process:
- Have a Clean Car: It’s just as important to clean the interior of your car as it is the exterior. Crumbs and removable stains are unattractive to potential buyers so make sure your vehicle is as clean as when you bought it. Updating some of the vehicle parts such as the windshield wipers, floor mats or headlight bulbs is an easy way to increase its value.
- Know the Benefits Of Your Car: You’ll need to make your car sellable, so create a clean, detailed report of your vehicle’s maintenance history and include the new features and trimmings you added to your car to increase the car’s attractiveness to dealerships like Ocean Honda of North Hollywood.
- Have Quick Access to Your Car’s Title: Make it a point to have quick and easy access to your car’s title during the selling process to speed up the process and get an offer faster.
- Know the Value of Your Car: You’ll need to know the average value of your car so you can have a starting negotiation price. Websites like Cars.com, Kelly Blue Book or a dealership in Hollywood will help you find a reasonable value for your car.
- Select Your Dealership Wisely: Dealerships in Burbank typically accept newer or gently used cars regardless of their inventory. Later models tend to be more difficult to get a decent amount of money for, but going to a used car dealership may get you the money you’re looking for.
Expectations When Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Below are things you should expect during the actual process of selling your car:
- Make an Appointment: Talking to the finance department at Ocean Honda of North Hollywood will be the easiest and quickest way to get clarity regarding any questions you may have. They will walk you through the process to make sure your experience is seamless.
- Talk with the Used Car Manager: Iin North Hollywood, most dealerships will point you to their Used Car Manager to handle the sale of your vehicle. They’ll compile your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: To make sure they’re purchasing a decent car for an appropriate price, the Used Car Manager will send your vehicle to the service center for inspection.
- Consider the Offer: You can accept or find other offers for your vehicle depending on how much the dealership offers you. Have a number in mind so you can make a decision quickly and easily.
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
There are a variety of benefits to selling your car:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Selling your car privately can take up a lot of time that you may not have. Going through a dealership relieves you of having to vet potential buyers, invite strangers to your home for test drives or dealing with online hassles.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Ocean Honda of North Hollywood, you only have to pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Trading in your older vehicle gives you the opportunity to apply the trade-in value to your new car, therefore reducing the overall cost of the new car and the monthly payments.
Sell Your Car to Ocean Honda of North Hollywood!
If you’re looking for a way to make your dream car more affordable or just need some extra cash, trading in or selling your is a great way to do so. If you’ve done your research and prepared to sell, contact our finance department to get started!
More from Ocean Honda of North Hollywood
Honda is helping to provide comfort and joy to young, hospitalized patients with the introduction of “Shogo.” Shogo is an electric ride-on vehicle for kids designed by Honda engineers to help ease the stress and anxiety of children and their families by transporting young patients throughout their hospital stay. Called “Project Courage,” and captured…
At Honda, we take great care to consider the environmental impact of everything we do, and everything we make. From being a leader in the fuel economy of our fleet of vehicles to powering our US manufacturing operations with renewable energy, we are focused on a sustainable future. These efforts include transparent reporting of our…
Purchasing a new vehicle can be an exciting, yet nerve racking process. Getting a car loan doesn’t have to be as intimidating as it seems. If you’re wondering how to get a car loan, keep reading below for more information. When you’re done, we hope it gives you the confidence to start the purchasing…